The interaction between the academic partners of the COHESI Platform and the industry was structured via the organization of the COHESI Community, in which companies and organizations could actively participate.
The offering to the members of the COHESI community consisted of 4 parts:
1) Participation in dedicated events, with a frequency of 2-3/year. The purpose of the events was threefold:
- give the community members early insight in microsystems related R&D at the participating knowledge centres
- offer an opportunity for companies to learn from one another by testimonials of successful microsystems development projects by Flemish companies
- offer regular networking opportunities with players from the full microsystems value chain
2) Access to the COHESI digital presentations library:
- The public part of the COHESI website offers an overview of all the presentations given at the events. All presentations are tagged with keywords. Through tag clouds and a search engine relevant information can be found quickly.
- Only COHESI Platform partners and COHESI Community members can download an electronic copy of the presentation slides (in pdf format).
3) Visibility to stakeholders in our ecosystem and beyond, ranging from suppliers to potential customers of the member’s products and services:
- on the COHESI website: member overview page (searchable, and linking to desired keywords possible), logo in the list of members
- on the COHESI flyer: logo
- on COHESI event invitations: logo
- in COHESI overview presentations: logo
- during the COHESI events: networking opportunities during the breaks, possibility to give a presentation (if it fits with the event’s topic), possibility to demonstrate products and services on a booth (if it fits with the event’s topic)
4) Access to the COHESI ‘Technology Compass’: this service aimed to support companies in the phase from a new concept or a question up to the first feasibility study. The COHESI Technological Compass aimed to answer three basic questions:
- identify the required technology building blocks to realise an idea, and advising on which route(s) best to take to obtain these building blocks
- indicate whether the expertise is available in Flanders and offer support to get in contact with the relevant academic or industrial partners
- give an order-of-magnitude estimate of the cost and required time for a certain development project
The list of former COHESI Community members: